Another important part of our programming is supporting activities that integrate socially with the community, we believe in bridging the gap between members and community as many of our members might remain isolated without this focus.
Some activities include
- Caroling in the Community – We conduct outreach to the Laurels, Hickory Creek and Kimes Nursing Homes
- Volunteering for Salvation Army to ring the bell during the holiday season
- Volunteering and having an outreach booth at Stand-Down Event for the Homeless
- Participating in Athens Benefest and Athens Community Music and Arts Festival
- Attending art openings and other community events
- Ohio University Partnerships – Working with our student volunteers provides social integration opportunities for our members, students bring a sense of vibrance and activity to the GP and our members enjoy learning, visiting and creating projects with our student interns